Help with AHCCCS and Marketplace Applications
You need health insurance, we can help. Phoenix Family Medical Clinic is a Health-e-Arizona Subscriber and serves as a Contracted Community Partner Organization.
Our way of giving back to the community and of helping people gain access to health insurance is that Phoenix Family Medical clinic now offers services to help apply for and guides through the entire process of gaining AHCCCS and insurance through marketplace. We offer this service at no cost at our Phoenix location. Please call to schedule an appointment for this service.
The expansion of AHCCCS in Arizona offers many low-income individuals and families new opportunities to be healthy and well. And the new Health Insurance Marketplaces which open October 1 provide help for the vast majority of middle-income families by making it easier to find insurance and providing financial help to pay for it.
The good news is that most families who apply will qualify for financial help.
There are 3 ways you may save on health care coverage:
- You may be able to lower the cost of your monthly premium when you enroll in a private health insurance plan through The Marketplace.
- You may qualify for lower out-of-pocket costs for copayments, coinsurance and deductibles through The Marketplace.
- You may qualify for Medicaid, or AHCCCS in Arizona.
Most people who apply will qualify for lower costs of some kind. In fact, if you as an individual make less than $45,960 or your family of four makes under $94,200, you could get a real break on insurance.
AHCCCS has been expanded to cover childless adults and now will be available to individuals making under $20,000 and for families of eight making up to $95,500.
If you would like to explore if you are eligible for AHCCCS or need help filling out the on-line application for The Marketplace, our trained specialists are here to help at absolutely no charge. We'll walk you through the application process and then help you understand the ins and outs of the programs you may be eligible for.
When you work with one of our trained specialists to apply in The Marketplace, we ask that you spend some time in advance thinking about your budget and insurance coverage needs. You'll find a full list here.
For the appointment, we ask that you bring the materials listed below.
If you know that you are not eligible for AHCCCS and will only be filling out The Marketplace insurance application, please bring the following for each member of your family:
- Social security cards (or document numbers for legal immigrants) for each member of your family
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- If you have insurance coverage through an employer, you will also need to bring the form your employer provided outlining your existing benefits and their affordability
If you would like to apply for AHCCCS, there is a please bring the following for each and every member of your household:
- Social security cards or proof of application for a Social Security number
- Proof of identity such as a current driver's license; state, federal or local Photo ID; tribal ID; school ID with photo
- Proof of citizenship: a U.S. birth certificate or certified copy; or U.S. naturalization certificate; or U.S. passport; or official military record showing a U.S. place of birth
- Proof of address: a current utility bill with your name and address; or any other envelope delivered to your address with your name on it by the U.S. post office; or a current statement from a non-relative, not living with you, verifying your address and the name of everyone living with you. The statement must be signed, dated and include their address and telephone number.
- Proof of all money your household received last month and this month which can be: pay stub(s); or a letter from any employers with their name, address and phone number and the exact income of the past 30 days; or a 30-day record of earnings if you are paid in cash plus receipts of any expenses; or if you are self-employed, a copy of your most recent Federal tax return.
- Proof that your employment ended and the last date paid (if applicable)
- Proof of pregnancy and estimated date of delivery (if applicable)
- Proof of dependent care (child or adult) expenses for the most recent month
- Proof of any medical insurance other than AHCCCS
Call 602-773-5600 or visit one our clinics to set up your appointment.